Friday, 8 February 2013

FINAL SKI MEETING -Mon 11/2/13

FINAL SKI MEETING -Mon 11/2/13

Its nearly here ... PISTEMAS!

Talk is of a record breaking season in some French resorts and Risoul has snow due this week in VERY cold conditions (-24 with wind-chill).  However the weather looks to be warming for next weekend with predicted temperatures of -2 to -4 with little wind.  Perfect!

To confirm final details of the trip I would like to meet all students on Monday  11/2/13 in CR6 at 2.45 till 3.15.  I now have the hotel room allocation so who goes where will be sorted at this meeting.  Nearly all rooms are 4 students per room with just a couple of 5 bed rooms, one for each gender.  I will record who will be in which room at this meeting.

I also need to record who is going home at the end of P4 and is staying till 4.15.  The number who are bringing in their luggage at the start of the day will have an impact on where I find to store all the luggage. (See details in last blog post).

A question I have been asked several times this week is 'how much spending money?'.  Some cash will be needed in several situations:


  • ESSENTIAL
    • After students have eaten ALL your packed lunch between the school gates and junction 21 of the M1 they will then have another 24 hours on the coach.  They will need to buy food at services and on the ferry.
    • On the way back the hotel will provide a cooked evening meal on the Friday we leave.  However students will need to buy food on the way home.
  • DESIRABLE
    • We feed the students 3 times a day.  However a small supermarket is a stones throw from the hotel with a full range of white starch, sugar, salt and fat based products to feast on.  Budget for this.
    • Funds to buy presents for those left behind!

I take 120-ish Euros and every year bring back a handful of loose change.  That's including buying the wife and son a gift on the ferry.


After the trip I will be inviting comments on this years communication methods:
  • Parentmail
  • Blogger
  • The November parents evening.
Please be thinking about what could have made this flow of information better.

Please bombard me with questions and I will post the answers that are relevant to everyone.  mdeans@wbs.eu.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.